Important step: check if your GoPro MP4 contains GPS data? Check this website: GoPro Telemetry checker
Prepare your initial setup
Once you have captured your first data with these action cams, and you want to geotag with the Layermanager, you need to configure the camera setup. This configuration describes what the height and roll, pitch and yaw is of the camera. Remember that you will save time if you keep the camera always at the same position of the car. Please use the following steps to make this setup file.
1) Open the recording file with the Horus Movie Player
2) Turn the button 'Show alignment axis' on
3) Goto the button with Settings (Gear Wheel)
4) Adjust the settings like 'Camera height' in meters
5) Adjust the roll, pitch yaw parameters, the redline in the screen should be equal to the horizon.
6) Measure objects on the flat ground with a known size to check if the settings are fine, adjust the parameters in the Settings sliders till it is correct.
8) Use the layermanager functinality to draw a line geometry (e.g. of a curbstone with a know length) and turn on the label of this line, that shows 'Length'
9) Check on the map if the field of view is pointing at the right direction. If not, adjust the yaw settings (maybe 180 degrees)
10) Once it is fine, goto menu, File, Save View (*.hsf) and name it 'setup.hsf'. Store/copy this file in each recording folder with the same camera setup.